For as much time as I spend in the kitchen I rarely cook breakfast. It happens maybe on a Saturday or Sunday but that is about it. So when I came across this recipe on How Sweet It Is I knew I had to try it. One of my favorite go to salads is a caprese salad, it makes me miss Italy! Turn it into a breakfast dish by adding some eggs and voila!
Recipe Card love it? rate it!
Caprese Baked Eggs
- 2 Small ramekins
- 4 eggs for 2 ramekins
- 8 grape tomatoes halved (more if you want a lot of tomatoes)
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 5-7 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter each ramekin and fill with a few pieces of tomato, cheese and basil. Crack one or two eggs into each and season with salt and pepper. Add a few more tomatoes, cheese and basil on top and set on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Then turn on the broiler and bake for about 5 minutes more
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Want more Easy Recipes From Home?
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. And leave your questions and reviews below!