And just like that summer is about to end so I better get in one (or two) of these creamy S’mores Milkshakes while I can.
Well technically summer ends September 22 – which is probably how long it will still feel like it in Alabama. I am just kinda over the hot weather right now. Bring on the cool, crisp fall weather!!!
Fall also means college football and our little girl’s birthday. This year the theme is a Donut Party for our sweet Amelia. I am even making a few homemade ones like these Maple Glazed Donut Holes and some Baked Apple Cider ones (recipe coming later this month).
Ok I need to stop before the tears start flowing just thinking about that. There are of course the happy tears that John Grayson and Amelia are finally back to school together 3 days a week so let’s celebrate with this dessert.
First you will not believe that the last time I made a milkshake was a Boozy Bananas Foster one up when we were in Indy. I thought about adding a little bourbon to these. But obviously that wouldn’t be kid friendly. And boy my kids love their milkshakes. I don’t know who gulped it down quicker my toddlers or their daddy.
So as a last summer treat and welcoming in the fall I hope you enjoy these S’mores Milkshakes as much as our family does!
- 10-12 jumbo marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers sheets
- 1 hershey bar
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- On a baking sheet place all of the marshmallows. Broil for 5-7 minutes until toasted to your liking.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until fully melted.
- Crumble/smash graham crackers finely in a bag.
- Add the marshmallows, vanilla ice cream, and whole milk to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Dip the top of each glass in chocolate sauce. With remaining sauce drizzle on the inside of each glass.
- Then dip into crushed graham crackers.
- Pour the milkshake into each glass.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!