This Mixed Berry Smoothie combines frozen berries, bananas, vanilla Greek yogurt, and more for a healthy, refreshing breakfast! You won’t even taste the hidden greens in these frozen fruity smoothies!
This healthy berry smoothie has almost been on a daily rotation in our family. Anytime I make smoothies, I add as many nutrients and healthy ingredients as possible. Some of my favorite additions are leafy greens, bee pollen, hemp, and chia seeds.
I like to add some extra protein if I’m making this for myself. Either way, these fruit smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast or a healthy snack!
SAVE THIS MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Tips for the perfect smoothie
- Use a high powered blender like this one! It really helps make getting that perfectly smooth texture a breeze. I used to use my regular old kitchen blender, which would take forever as I had to stir and shake the ingredients constantly.
- It makes a difference what order you put your ingredients in the blender. Follow the directions in your owner’s manual. Here is how I usually assemble my smoothies:
- Liquids- this helps the blades to blend everything smoothly without things getting stuck.
- Creamy base- if I’m using Greek yogurt or something similar, this comes next.
- Greens- any leafy greens come next, as they break down more easily here.
- Fresh Berries or Fruit or Soft Veggies
- Frozen Fruit or Ice Cubes (use crushed ice if you can!)
- Chia or Flax Seeds and Protein Powder
Mixed Berry Smoothie Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious smoothie:
- 1 date
- 1 ½ cups frozen berries (I use a combination of strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1 cup kale
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen granules
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
How to make this Triple Berry Smoothie Recipe
This easy smoothie is one of my all-time favorites and could not be more simple to make! Simply add the ingredients to the blender in the order specified in your manual. Then blend until it reaches the desired texture! I like mine thick and smooth! Stop and scrape the sides if you need to in order to ensure everything gets blended in well.
Substitutions and Additions
- You can find most, if not all, of these ingredients at your local grocery store. If you’re having trouble finding anything, try a specialty grocery store if you have one.
- If you can’t find bee pollen granules, some great options are nutritional yeast or pollen powder.
- Feel free to use dairy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or your favorite plant-based milk if almond milk isn’t your thing. Likewise, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt or even plant-based yogurt for the vanilla yogurt.
- For a fruitier, less creamy smoothie, omit the milk and use apple juice instead.
Why you’ll love this Mixed Berry Smoothie
The best part about this mixed berry smoothie is that it is so refreshing! It is perfect for an after-workout drink or to help wake you up in the morning. It’s a great blend of dietary fiber and healthy fats that will keep you satisfied!
More Smoothie Recipes
If you love smoothies, you need to try out one of these healthy smoothies:
- Cherry Almond Smoothie– combine cherries and almond milk with Greek yogurt for a creamy cherry treat!
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie– enjoy this simple recipe combining the flavors of cranberries, bananas, and orange juice with a creamy yogurt base!
- Blueberry Smoothies– you won’t even notice the spinach in this blueberry and banana smoothie! It’s a great way to get your daily veggies in!
- Peach Vanilla Smoothie Bowl– this bowl has a peach smoothie base, topped with sliced peaches, granola, and chia seeds, then eaten with a spoon! How fun!
More Quick Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! If you don’t fuel yourself adequately, then it’s hard to stay on track throughout the rest of the day. Start with a smoothie or one of these quick breakfast ideas:
Muffins Make The Day More Fun: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a fun treat, as are these tangy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins! Both use an easy recipe you can make on Sunday for the week ahead! They are great to pack into lunches as well.
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1 date
- 1 1/2 cup frozen berries*
- 1 cup kale
- 1 banana
- 1 /12 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
This post was originally published on 9/26/18. It has been updated in format and with pictures on 2/17/23/.