I feel like everyone should have their own Blueberry Muffin recipe from scratch don’t you?
And trust me I grew up on the kind from the packets (which I am not ashamed to say I still use when I am in a pinch). I also remember licking bowl after my mom was done with it. And that was my extent of helping her in the kitchen.
I know I posted a recipe for muffins just a couple of months ago. But what can you say? I love them!
And so do my kids. I feel like at any moment one of my kids could turn into a blueberry ball like Violet Beauregarde from Willy Wonka from eating so many blueberries. When blueberries are not on sale they cost about $6.99/container we could easily end up spending $14-21 a week on these things. Crazy isn’t it? I think it’s time to grow my own.
Now I probably should have done a blueberry pancake recipe before I did a blueberry muffin one because that is John Grayson’s favorite thing to eat. Well it’s a close tie between that cheese dip and cake. Ha! So I’ll get to working on it.
What about yall? What’s your go to breakfast? You think it will be these Blueberry Muffins?
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour reserve 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoons of flour to blueberries. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and lemon zest in a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients- don't over mix (you should have lumps).
- Fold in the blueberries to the batter carefully.
- Pour batter into greased muffin pan two-thirds full.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
These look delicious! Blueberry muffins are one of my boys’ favorites.
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
Blueberry muffins are my absolute favorite kind of muffin!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
I love that you used the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference too. I just told my kids they may turn into a giant blueberry! These muffins look amazing!
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
I NEVER get tired of blueberry muffins!
[email protected] says
You can’t be a *perfect* classic! These look amazing!
Maryanne | the little epicurean says
Blueberry muffins are my favorite! There is something about juicy baked blueberries that are just so perfect!
Jessica |The Novice Chef says
My favorite muffins! Loving all those blueberries!!