Sometimes I get a little overeager and buy too many bananas.
Does that ever happen to you? Obviously before I started cooking I would throw them out. Same thing used to happen with all my fruits and vegetables. But now I turn those into juices. And those ripe bananas into pancakes, nut bread, and now these muffins.
I actually had to hide these bananas this time because people see ripe bananas and they think we probably need to eat them before hitting the point of no return. And of course like any food blogger you get a little annoyed because you needed to cook with them. Luckily no one found my hiding spot.
The kids were pretty happy today coming home to an afternoon snack of muffins too. I mean who needs them just for breakfast? An afternoon pick me up is the way to go! There is an upside and downside to this recipe – they are delicious but they make 16. You might be thinking what’s the downside? But for me that’s 4 muffins a piece in our family. Quite a lot muffins to go around.
Point is there are leftovers. Any takers?
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together both sugars and butter until creamy. Break bananas into thirds and add to bowl and mix. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add to the banana mixture. Stir until combined. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spoon batter into a muffin pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!