These Banana Pancakes are the way to my husband’s and son’s hearts.
And they can be the way to your Valentine’s heart as well!
So what are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? I used to love it in school. It became a contest who got the most carnations from boys. My friends even thought it was funny so they each gave me one after their speech at our wedding rehearsal dinner.
Now I love love. I mean that’s even my favorite word for goodness sake. But as I’ve gotten older Valentine’s Day is not as much of a big deal. Last year we even cooked a big meal with 2 other married couples. So it’s now become a tradition and we are doing it again this year but there will be 3 kids present this time.
I was trying to decide if you would rather my new Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups recipe for dinner or these Banana Pancakes for breakfast in bed. I chose the latter because they are for my valentines since they are huge breakfast fans. Don’t worry the Lasagna is coming next week.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Extra butter for cooking
- Vegetable oil
- Syrup for serving
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl mash together the bananas. Whisk in eggs, milk, cooled butter, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture until stir until fully incorporated - do not overmix batter. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Set a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat until hot.
- Place a tablespoon of butter and vegetable oil on the pan and mix together. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto pan. Repeat with batter so you have 2-3 pancakes on pan.
- Cook until a few bubbles form on top of each pancake and the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden, 1-2 minutes.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels and add more oil and butter. Repeat this until you've used up all of the batter.
- Serve pancakes with syrup and butter.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!