What are some of your favorite comfort foods?
One of mine is tomato soup. Better yet a good ol’ bisque. Then add in some cheesy tortellini and I’m weak in the knees. I served this at our last Supper Club with a Roasted Red Pepper Caprese Grilled Cheese and Iceberg Wedge Salad and it was all a hit!
And what can be more of a hit in this house than a one pot dish?
Tomato Tortellini Bisque
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 19 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 Fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons or chiffonade
- In a large stock pot combine vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add cream and tortellini. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and top with fresh basil.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!