Everyone needs a go to version of vegetable soup in their home – this is ours.
The cooler days are upon us. Or at least they were here this weekend. And in our house that means soups and chilis will be here weekly.
Normally on Sunday’s I would post about What’s For Dinner – Menu for the Week, but with Amelia’s impending arrival in less than a week we have been very busy visiting with family and friends. And to be honest with you – I probably won’t have menus for the next couple of weeks because we will be flying by the seats of our pants trying to plan dinner.
The good news is I have a lot of freezer meals stored away. And this soup is one of them. I have to admit when I was little I used to love Campbell’s Vegetable Soup (especially the one that has the ABCs in them). A while back Mama made a version of this soup and even added barley to make it a little more hearty. So feel free to add that as well!
I love the base of this soup since it is tomato…which is funny because I used to not like tomato soup. And between tomato and french onion, this soup probably puts it in a 3 way tie. Just like my roasted vegetable salad, feel free to add vegetables of your choosing. I have a couple fresh veggies in the soup but also stuck to canned ones to keep it easy – I mean let’s be real I am about to be a mom of a newborn and toddler.
So choose between some canned, frozen, or fresh veggies and ladle up a bowl of this satisfying Vegetable Soup to enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 2 cans of tomato soup
- 2 cans of water
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can of corn drained
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can of Italian green beans drained
- 1 - 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can of peas drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in tomato soup and water. Then add the rest of the vegetables and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!