There is nothing better than a meal that reminds me of my childhood like this meatloaf.
Picture updated June 8, 2015
Besides the fact that obviously I should have posted this last week when it actually was First Friday, I blame it on finally getting back in to the swing of things again. With all that to say I have decided you are either a meatloaf fan or not. When I met John he wasn’t the biggest fan, but this changed it around!
A couple of weeks ago for First Friday I had Hoosier Fat Daddy Food Truck and got their tater tot casserole and meatloaf sliders (pictured below). What a genius small lunch, that of course left me wanting to make meatloaf. So it’s on the menu tonight with some potato salad!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- *Sauce topping:
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl until fully incorporated. Don't over mix the meat though.
- Press meat firmly in loaf pan. Turn the meatloaf onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together sauce topping. Spread on top of meatloaf.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Remove the meatloaf to a cooling rack for 10 minutes then slice it.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!