I love a good savory breakfast so when I found the shredded hash browns on sale at the grocery store this weekend I knew I had to come up with a tasty treat! Since I have to be at work at 6 am and rarely eat breakfast at home (which is why I have a box of multibran flakes in my office) I wanted something I could pop in a small tupperware container, grab and go! These were the perfect solution!
Breakfast Hash Brown Bites
- 16 oz. bag of frozen shredded hash browns thawed
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions diced
- 2/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 shakes of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook bacon about 2 minutes less than your desired crispiness. Remember it will cook in the oven after this. Let it drain on paper towel and cool.
- Combine the shredded hash browns, green onions, egg, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and add to mixture. If you like the flavoring of bacon, add in a Tbsp. of the bacon fat left in the pan. This of course is optional but definitely adds an extra kick of flavor.
- Stir until fully incorporated. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top. The bites shrink about half of the original size. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add a small tsp. of sour cream to each hash brown bite. Or ketchup if you prefer.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!