When John and I got married we loved throwing dinner parties. Obviously we still do.
This Eggplant Bruschetta was one of the few appetizers I had on repeat at those dinner parties. It was actually one of the first recipes I ever put on the blog.
I went to make it a few weeks ago and realized wow I sure hope people haven’t tried to make it because the directions were confusing and measurements were a little wacky! Luckily 6 years later my cooking skills have gotten a little better. So recipe tested and approved now. Haha
Like I said before things are a little busy with my job and Amelia is sick yet again. So short and sweet today! Things will calm down in the next month or so. And hopefully all the recipes like Maple Bacon Gravy, BBQ Chicken Sliders, Brown Sugar Bourbon Cocktail will finally make an appearance on the blog! Fingers crossed!
- 1 medium eggplant diced (about 4 cups)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon. red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- ¼ cup drained capers
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- French baguette sliced into ½ inch pieces
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Dice eggplant, put in bowl with olive oil. Put parchment paper on baking sheet then place eggplant on the paper. Bake 15 minutes
- Add oil to medium skillet, add onion, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Remove eggplant from oven, add to bowl with onion mixture. Then add capers, diced tomatoes, sherry vinegar and oregano. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Brush some olive oil on bread and add eggplant mixture. Top with a few blue cheese crumbles. Turn on broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!