Who doesn’t love a fun tailgate?
Now I don’t know about you but when I was younger tailgating was pretty much walking around with a beer in a koozie and seeing tons of people bring in lots of food. Okay maybe things haven’t changed that much other than the fact that I might be toting two toddlers. Well I haven’t actually made that plunge yet – maybe next year.
But I will always remember two tailgates that set the bar pretty high.
One was was when my sister in law Laura and her old college roommates got together. I mean there were multiple generators for TVS, crockpots, a grill and all the food and drinks you can imagine. Now you may be thinking ya this is normal…But remember I went to Samford (i.e. no tailgating at the time) so this was my first real tailgating experience.
The other was when John and I were living up in Indy and went to a Purdue/Notre Dame football game. One of the guys John had done some business has converted an old ambulance into a full on tailgate experience with tvs on the doors, places for all the food, etc. It was epic!
So the next time you are planning your tailgate I figure why not whip up some sliders? I mean you know I love a good slider. Especially these these Fancy Tailgating Sliders.
Now what makes these fancy you might ask? Well first off these aren’t your every day ham and cheese on Hawaiian rolls. These have ham, American cheese, turkey, gouda, and herbed mayo all baked on those buttery rolls. And then they are topped off with melted butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Fancy enough for you?
PS didn’t I tell you that you’d get two recipes this week to make up for my absence? Sorry this probably won’t happen again for a while.
Fancy Tailgating Sliders
- 1 pack of Hawaiian Rolls qty 12
- 2-3 slices of Ham
- 4 slices of Gouda Cheese
- 2-3 slices of Turkey
- 4 slices of American Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Herbs*
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the rolls in half. Remove top of rolls.
- Mix together the mayo and herbs in a small bow and slather on bottom half of rolls.
- Lay out the ham covering the bottom rolls as much as possible. Repeat with American cheese, turkey, and Gouda.
- Add the top of the buns.
- Pour melted butter on top of sliders then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes until cheese completely melts. Remove foil, bake another 3-5 minutes until tops of rolls are golden.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!