Yes obviously growing up in Georgia you should know who I am pulling for on Sunday. Now if it came down between the Colts and Falcons then I might be a little torn. Luckily I am not in that predicament and I can’t stand Tom Brady so it’s an easy decision for me.
Now what is not an easy decision for me is what I will cook.
Obviously there will be cheese dip. Now out of the 26 appetizer and dip recipes I have on the blog 20 have cheese in them and 10 of them are some kind of cheese dip or dip with cheese in it. For those of you who know me that should not shock you.
Now besides dips what else do you like to serve? I was kind of at a loss this year until I saw all the hype around sliders and the small sandwich rolls. Like a good food blogger, I had to check it out and of course come up with my own spin. Hopefully my guests will love them!
And if you aren’t planning on watching the game then make these for an easy lunch the whole family will enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Slider Melts
- 1 package of King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken I used a Rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine chicken and BBQ sauce until well combined.
- In another bowl combine the butter, honey Worcestershire sauce, and mustard - set aside.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Line the dish with the bottom rolls. Place BBQ chicken on rolls followed by the cheese.
- Place the top rolls on top. Then drizzle the sauce on top of sliders.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
Those sound so yummy, especially with the rotisserie chicken!
Cookin Canuck says
These sliders would be perfect for game day! I’ll be cheering on the Falcons too (I feel the same way about Brady) and can’t wait to dive into all of the food.
carrie @ frugal foodie mama says
Gah! I just love that you used Gouda on these! 🙂 These look perfect for game day.
Katerina @ diethood .com says
Wow!! These look and sound absolutely amaaazing!! Perfect for game day!!
I still have time to get these on my menu today! They do look amazing!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
We LOVE sliders! The cheesier – the better! These sound delicious!
Janice Blohm says
I want to know where you got your baking dish???
Lauren Hall says
Crate and Barrel 🙂
Janice Blohm says
Brandy | Nutmeg Nanny says
I’m pretty sure that I’d eat the whole pan!