What are you bringing to your 4th of July party?
Bring this. This salad is EVERYTHING. Trust me!
First before we jump into this salad – let’s talk summer shows. Have you seen Animal Kingdom (think a little more mild Sons of Anarchy) or Queen of the South (female power drug cartel) ? They’re my two new guilty pleasures.
Now that the mama/daughter beach trip is over we are onto the next big event of the summer – 4th of July. What do yall do? The whole family is normally at the lake chowing down on ribs, baked beans, banana pudding and a lot of other goodies!
Broccoli salad used to be lumped in with things like potato salad and pasta salad for me – as in I don’t think I care for things like this that I believe should be warm. I like warm baked potatoes, piping hot pasta, and same goes for broccoli so every time I saw it at the grocery store I kinda cringed.
Well I finally jumped on the bandwagon with twice baked potato salad and the mustard based potato salads and now this broccoli salad has me singing a different tune.
What’s not to love? Bacon + cheese + nuts + fruit/veggies coated in a tangy and creamy dressing – I mean it’s win win right? It’s the perfect summer side to bring to your next shindig! PS if you don’t believe me just ask my family they’ve all had it and know it will be there this weekend.
- 3 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds roughly chopped*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a small bowl mix together the ingredients to the dressing.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients to the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until fully coated.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!