Whether it’s the main dish for your holiday or just a regular ol’ Sunday night dinner this Glazed Ham needs to be at the center of the table.
So I have been meaning to share this recipe since Easter…no not Easter this year but Easter in 2013. Don’t judge I blame the many moves and the babies. Then my intention this year was before Thanksgiving but that didn’t happen. I am just grateful that I can send out my weekly dinner menus and share with yall one recipe a week. Maybe one day I’ll get more of my act together…goal maybe for 2016?
I’ve always loved a good ham. I mean I did work at HoneyBaked Ham for about a year in college. Working at a food place and retail place are not for me because all I want to do is eat the food and spend my paycheck on the clothes. But when I worked at HBH I was able to take a ham home for the holidays…but this is oh so much better. Not that I am bragging or anything (wink wink).
Speaking of Christmas what’s on your wish list?
- 1 6-8 pound semi boneless half ham
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife make 1" cuts in a diamond pattern - no more than 1/4" deep.
- Place ham in roasting pan.* Tent with foil. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.
- After cooking the ham, remove the foil and brush a quarter of the glaze on. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Repeat 3 more times until all the glazed has been used (a total of 40 minutes).
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!