These light and fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuits are the perfect addition to your fall or winter meal.
So I know Thanksgiving has come and gone and you have already cleared out all the leftovers. But it got me to thinking how can I turn those leftovers into something even better. I mean I know everyone enjoys a classic turkey sandwich the next day. How about turkey pot pie soup instead? Or even better use your mashed sweet potatoes for these biscuits?
Yes you heard that right! You don’t even need to wait until next Thanksgiving to make these bad boys. Grab 2 sweet potatoes and a few other things and you are in business.
Now all you really need is some good ol’ apple butter and a slice of glazed ham. And if you want to get real fancy toss in some fresh chopped herbs like rosemary or thyme.
Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 pound sweet potatoes or 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes*
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour possibly more if needed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into small cubes. Place in small saucepan filled with water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add 4 tablespoons butter and mix until it is a coarse mixture.
- Drain sweet potatoes and mash with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once it has cooled combine with flour mixture.
- Then add milk 1 tablespoon milk at a time. You don't want the dough to get too wet if it does add a little more flour.*
- Mix dough and then place on floured surface.
- Roll out to 1" thickness. Use a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter (or small glass) cut your biscuits.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until fork inserted comes out clean.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
[email protected] NY Foodgasm says
These look fabulous Lauren!! I gotta try these!
Lauren Hall says
Thanks Sophia they’d be a perfect side with your dinner!