It’s Taco Thursday!
Okay I know it’s always Taco Tuesday but why not change it up? It’s a new year right?! Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?
I do! I mean any excuse to make a list and I’m in. I remember when I was little my family would sit down and make our new year’s resolutions together. We’ post them inside one of the cabinets for us to see every time we opened it. Now a few years later I actually have some of my goals written down in my bathroom cabinet. Guess some things never change….
But let’s talk veggies. Because I promise you won’t even miss the meat with these Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos! The squash and beans are tossed in smoky spiced vinaigrette. And nothing is complete without some melty and tangy goat cheese. Am I right?
Note: This recipe can be gluten free by using corn tortillas.
Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos
- 3 cups peeled and cubed 1/2 inch pieces butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- cilantro for garnish
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss the squash and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.Spread onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, mustard and honey.
- When the squash is done roasting, toss together with beans and vinaigrette.
- Spoon the filling into the tacos. Top with cheese and cilantro.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!