This easy side dish of Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts might just convert the Brussels sprouts haters into lovers. Roasted in olive oil and then tossed with an easy tangy sauce, this recipe is one that will probably make a regular appearance on your dinner menu.
Are you team Brussel sprouts or team I won’t touch them with a 10-foot pole?
I had never eaten them until a few years ago, actually, and it was this Bacon Brussels Sprouts recipe that changed my life as well as that of my husband’s.
SAVE THIS EASY HONEY MUSTARD BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Seriously, we couldn’t believe what we’d been missing all those years.
And this easy vegetable recipe is no different.
What do I need for this vegetable side dish recipe?
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Dijon Mustard
Seriously, how much easier could it be?
How do I make these raw Brussels sprouts with honey mustard?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
You can put a sheet of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet, but I like to spray it with cooking spray as I think they get a bit more crisp with the direct contact with the pan. Call me crazy, but I’ll clean that pan if it makes my roasted veggies even more delicious!
- Cut the ends off the fresh sprouts and discard the outer leaves.
Depending on how large each Brussels sprout is, you may want to cut them in half or even quarter them. The more surface area that is available for roasting, the better they’ll be.
- Place sprouts into a large bowl and add the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine, making sure all of them are well coated. No need to wash the bowl, you’ll use it again when they come out of the oven.
- Put them onto the sheet pan in an even layer and into the oven for a cooking time of 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and sweet honey together.
- Upon removal from the oven, place the warm Brussels sprouts into the large mixing bowl (or you can leave them on the pan), and pour the honey mustard mixture over them.
- Gently toss to coat completely and serve. You could even add some crispy bacon and / or dried cherries for a boost of flavor, too!
Can I freeze roasted Brussels sprouts?
Yes, you can!
If you have some left over or if you want to prepare them ahead and save them for later, you can freeze them for up to 12 months.
To do that, after you’ve tossed the Brussels sprouts with the honey mustard sauce, allow them to cool completely.
Once completely cooled, place them on a room temperature baking sheet and place them into the freezer for 1-2 hours. Make sure they are in a single layer and are not touching.
Once frozen, put them into a freezer zip top bag that you’ve written the contents and date on.
Please know that the taste and / or consistency may change during freezing, which is why we like to eat this recipe right after we’ve made them.
What main dish do I serve them with?
This delicious and easy side dish will go with just about any dinner entrée, really.
We enjoy them with this Fried Chicken with Bourbon Maple Syrup, Salmon with Figs, Bacon and Pistachios, even these Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.
They’ll also pair perfectly with your Thanksgiving turkey or your holiday Glazed Ham.
Simple Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more delicious side dish recipes to pair with your weeknight dinner or holiday entertaining?
- Broccoli Salad
- Mashed Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Brown Butter
- Moroccan Carrots
- Glazed Carrots
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Green Bean Almondine with Herb Butter
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
Roasted vegetables are the perfect side dish. With just a few simple ingredients, these crispy Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts will become one of your family’s favorite side dishes and might even make an appearance at your holiday dinner table, too!
Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a cookie sheet by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and throw away any wilted or yellow leaves.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- While it’s baking, combine honey and Dijon mustard in small bowl.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl then pour on honey mustard sauce.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
This post was originally published 9/29/16. It has been updated in format and with photos on 11/19/22.