These Sloppy Joe Sandwiches are a quick, easy and family friendly meal.
Pictures updated September 2015
I don’t remember having sloppy joes as a kid. I mean I’m sure I did, but I just don’t remember it. What I do remember is watching It Takes Two – my favorite childhood movie. There is a scene where one of the Olsen twins is at camp having a sloppy joe for the first time and she calls it “the big gooey messy burger” her camp counselor corrects her and says “also known as a sloppy joe”.
I still remember almost 95% of the lines in this movie still to this day, I wonder if my childhood best friend Mika does too? We were a little obsessed with the Olsen twins growing up. Okay – don’t judge me.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Cheese optional
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- Add a little butter to the skillet and add ground beef, onion, garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until beef is browned and onions are tender. Drain most of the fat.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir occasionally and let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Spoon mixture on top of a bun and sprinkle with cheese if you want or just top it with the other bun.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!