John loves to cook a burger and I definitely don’t mind because it not only allows us to get creative, but also cook together. The other night we had all the stuff to make a generic burger, but you know in our family that just doesn’t fly. So we came up with the idea of recreating the Good Morning Punch Burger we had last month with bacon, a fried egg, and cream cheese.
Pictures updated September 2015
Well we had all of those ingredients but we all know how much I do not like to follow recipes. So we still kept the fried eggs and bacon, but added changed the cheese, added a condiment, and even coffee! See you thought you could just have breakfast food as a dinner but why not mix both together?
A couple of weeks ago I asked some of yall what recipes you wanted to see this month. Responses were:
Kid friendly & quick meals, hence the Sloppy Joes
Burgers – Good Morning Breakfast Burger
Side Items – Cheesy Garlic Bread
Veggies – Glazed Carrots
Ice Cream – Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream (no machine needed)
Slow Cooker meals – Pulled Pork Tacos
Good Morning Breakfast Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 fried eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon Dale's sauce or another marinade of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coffee grounds fine
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Mix ground beef, Dale's, and coffee together. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is somewhat crisp (or cook until the doneness you like is achieved). Put on paper towels.
- If you haven't already, cook 4 eggs sunny side up (or again, cook the way you like them).
- Grill burger (or cook in skillet if you do not have a grill) for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- While burger is cooking, combine all the ingredients for your condiment, and place aside.
Build your burger:
- Place burger on bottom bun, then top with slice of cheese, bacon, then egg. Spread a layer of ketchup mayo sauce on top bun.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Menu for the Week
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos and Mexican Green Rice
Venison Medallions in Cranberry Port Sauce with Cucumber Tomato Salad
Dessert: Homemade Ice Cream