We just got back from the beach with John’s family and after all of the amazing seafood we had this is just the thing I need for dinner tonight. The crisp cool cucumbers combined with the bursting tomatoes are just the beginning of this salad. Add in the crunch of the onions, the saltiness of the feta and this tangy vinaigrette and you have one heck of a salad.
This salad is one of those salads you can customize. Not a huge fan of red onions, I understand it took me a while grow to love them. But if you don’t like them, omit them. Want more tomatoes or feta? Add more!
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 cucumber peeled and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed spinach leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Combine all vegetables together in a bowl.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over the vegetables. Toss to combine.
- Let it sit in fridge 30 minutes before serving.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Pictured with Glazed Carrots
Comments & Reviews
Sophia @ NY Foodgasm says
Digging the new camera and shots! Keep up the good work! PS- you know how I love me some Greek Food and this is very similar to Greek cucumber salads! YUM!