I blame John Grayson for my sweet tooth. It all started during pregnancy.
You know those pregnancy cravings women talk about all the time? Well I got them.
If I wasn’t eating Jason’s Deli California Club sandwich than I would switch back and forth between Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies and their Chesapeake cookies. One was milk chocolate and macadamia nuts and the other was dark chocolate and pecans. Obviously you couldn’t go wrong with either.
After he was born I decided I just needed to make these myself so which one should I start with? Answer: the Sausalito cookies – Milk Chocolate and Macadamia.
This year I decided to participate in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Not only was this a fun way to meet more bloggers, bake & receive lots of cookies, but also all the proceeds go to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. This organization helps raise funds for research to treat and cure pediatric cancer.
The other great part is all the cookies you receive in the mail. My first batch was Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies from Megan at Nutrition Awareness. My second batch were Macadamia Nut and Pecan Snowballs from Krystal at Home Made Austin. And then last but not least were some Hot Cocoa Cookies from Meriem at Culinary Couture.
Milk Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 brown sugar cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on each baking sheet.
- Beat together both sugars and butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop large tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to slightly cool before enjoying!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!