What do you when it’s cold and rainy out and you’re stuck inside with two sick toddlers?
You bake! And watch lots of Disney Jr of course
And what else makes things better besides cookies and biscuits? Blueberries apparently if you are John Grayson and Amelia. You do not want to know how much I spend on those things every week.
But seriously the best thing about these biscuits are they go perfect with any meal. Want them for breakfast add some eggs! Want them for lunch? Add some ham and cheese. Want them for dinner? Okay you get the point – you have to have them!
Parmesan Chive Biscuits
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tablespoons butter cold
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sift flour into medium bowl. This is not required if you don’t have a sifter, but it makes the biscuits lighter.
- Add the baking powder, sugar, and salt to the bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Cut butter into cubes, using a pastry cutter cut butter into pea sized pieces while incorporating it into the flour.
- Pour buttermilk into flour mixture. Add in chives and Parmesan. Stir with fork. It will make a loose ball.
- Turn onto floured counter. Pat down til 3/4" thick – don’t use rolling pin. Using a biscuit cutter – cut out rounds to the size of your liking.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10-12 min.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
Homemade biscuits speak to my heart. These sound amazing!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
Oh, Lauren! These are just beautiful! I love the goodies tucked inside, and I would surely eat them at any time of day or night!
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
I can’t get over how delicious these biscuits look!
Cathy Trochelman says
My biggest “complaint” about biscuits is their lack of flavor, but you definitely made up for that with these!
Lauren Keating says
Wow, these are sure to please, they look so yummy!
Cathy @ Noble Pig says
These look absolutely delicious. Love the Parm-chive combo.