Ever heard of butternut squash oatmeal cookies?
No?! Do you have a strange look on your face? Well you should because when I got so excited about making these cookies that is exactly what I kept calling them. But no they do not have butternut squash in them just butterscotch chips. I was just too busy making this soup and some mashed butternut squash over the holidays that the two recipe titles got jumbled.
Happens all the time right? Mixing up vegetables and sweets right? No?! Geez you guys aren’t working with me at all today.
When our friends Josh and Elizabeth came over for our monthly dinner we sat around afterwards enjoying some wine and indulging in these amazing cookies. And as quickly as they were eaten I knew I had to make some more.
And at Hall Nesting Christmas time generally means some kind of food blogger cookie swap. I’ve made Peanut and Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and then two years ago these Milk Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies. So this year I sent out 3 dozen of these and in return I received some Cherry Nut Nuggets, Cranberry Orange Cookies with White Chocolate & Pistachios, and Graham Chocolate Chips.
So after you snag the recipe for these insane Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies go ahead and check those out as well!
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat together the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and cinnamon. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each one.
- Add the flour mix into the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing it until just combined. Mix in the oats and butterscotch chips until just combined.
- Use your preferred size cookie scoop (or a regular spoon) to drop portions of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, spacing them a couple inches apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
OK, your timing is excellent. I have a cookie swap coming up on Saturday and just printed your recipe!
I love all things butterscotch and oatmeal so you basically just made my dream cookie! I love it and pinned it! Thanks!
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
I bet these are SUPER chewy and delicious!
[email protected] says
Hahaha! When I ready your first sentence I thought “I didn’t taste butternut squash??” These were fantastic, I adore anything butterscotch. Thank you again!
Erin @ Texanerin Baking says
I wouldn’t have complained about butternut squash cookies but these do look better!
Abeer Rizvi says
I don’t eat oatmeal cookies often but I am dying to bake a batch of these cookies since i LOVE anything with butterscotch!
carrie @ frugal foodie mama says
I just adore butterscotch! These cookies look perfect. 🙂
Linda Alborough says
I made these for the first time, love the butterscotch flavor, will make these again