You know how much I love fall but since National Taco day is October 4 (weird to have it in the fall month) I thought why not celebrate it?!
Fall also means all of my tv shows have started back…Castle, Sons of Anarchy, Person of Interest, DWTS and not to mention some new ones I am trying out Manhattan Love Story, Forever, How to Get Away with Murder. And before you judge me saying I watch too much TV – I already know this.
But I also do read, cook, clean, take care of a baby and 3 dogs, study for my HR Exam and get in a workout every day. So leave my addicting TV habits alone please.
Time is flying by. My baby started eating rice cereal this week, he slept through the night twice…cue the excited for a milestone face but fighting back the tears face as well because he is just growing up way too fast! And the countdown continues – 45 days until we move home!
Mexican is probably my favorite cuisine and every who knows me knows it. I mean if I ever decided to write a cookbook (probably not going to happen) I would devote an entire chapter to Mexican food.
I know this recipe title is a little lengthy but how could I not tell you about every single ingredient that goes into making this dish perfect!
Spicy Tequila Shrimp Tacos with Mexican Rice and Cilantro Lime Cream
- 1 pound shrimp
- Flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all the ingredients for the shrimp marinade with the shrimp in a large ziploc bag. ...Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While the shrimp is marinating, combine all the ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Crema and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- Combine diced tomatoes, white onion, garlic clove, jalapeno and salt in a blender. Pulse and pour into a large sauce pan. Add the cooked rice and simmer on medium low for 15 minutes.
- Assemble tacos with shrimp, Mexican rice and a dollop of cilantro lime crema.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!