Time to head to the farmer’s market this weekend to pick up all the stuff you need for this Spring Vegetable Pizza.
Spring is here! Well sort of – it was 88 degrees last weekend and now it’s 48 degrees.
Good news is that to me spring means beautiful vegetables will start popping up in markets, the kids can play outside without jackets, and tulips will be on my kitchen table weekly. Bad news spring also means tornado season in Alabama.
What gets you excited about spring?
I also get excited about this pizza.
Who doesn’t love a pizza topped with spring vegetables like mushrooms, asparagus, and peas. Oh and did I mention there are 3 kinds of cheese?!
Now of course I tried this pizza out mainly because I have two toddlers who are super picky about eating vegetables. So I have to try to balance that out by hiding in with lots of cheese (ya ya I know it’s not the healthiest option). When it worked with my go to Pasta Primavera dish I knew this Spring Vegetable Pizza had to do the trick. Because what kid doesn’t like this pizza?
Well it didn’t work the first time I made it. They saw all things that were not bread and cheese of course. Luckily my meat loving husband gave it two thumbs up. And when it came time to take pics for the blog the kids finally gave in.
Now if you HAVE to have some meat on a pizza I’d recommend topping it with some prosciutto – it takes it to another level.
Spring Vegetable Pizza
- Pizza dough
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 3/4 cups of 1" pieces of asparagus
- 1/4 cups frozen peas thawed
- 1/3 cup corn
- 4 ounces burrata cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough and sprinkle Italian cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- In a medium bowl toss all the veggies with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Then spread out evenly over pizza.
- Tear pieces of the burrata and place them all over the pizza.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!