I think this was probably one of the first dishes I learned how to make because it was so easy. Now I did not say how often I ate it because despite the creamy and rich sauce the fettuccine bathes in, let’s be honest it is not low cal. But for that night you want to indulge a little (everyone needs to every once in a while) or a dish that takes only about 20 minutes to make, try this out! If you need another excuse it is National Fettuccine Alfredo Day!! (no joke) Pair it with Caprese Chicken or a Caprese Salad. And of course don’t for get a glass of Red Wine Sangria!
Back to Basics – Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 1/2 c. cream
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- Boil water and cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add cream and whisk together and let it simmer. Cook until sauce has reduced a little, about 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Just before the pasta is ready, reserve about 1/4 c. of pasta water - this helps to thin the sauce so it won't clump up at the end. Drain pasta.
- Pour alfredo sauce over pasta. Toss the fettuccine with some tongs to get the noodles fully coated in the sauce. If the sauce gets thick or clumpy add a little of the pasta water.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
*Cook’s Note: You could always add chicken or shrimp to add another layer of flavor to this dish.