You all know mine and John’s love for Caprese. Whether it’s Roasted Red Pepper Caprese Grilled Cheese for lunch or having Caprese Baked Eggs for breakfast or a twist on it making the classic Caprese Salad with my Tomatoes Napoleons . “Insalata Caprese” is a simple salad made of sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and salt. So when I found these amazing wine barrel staves at Williams Sonoma I knew they would pair perfectly with a caprese salad on top of chicken!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cups roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 large tomato diced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves 3 tablespoons chiffonade (cut into shreds)
- balsamic glaze can substitute balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill over high heat. Top the hot charcoal with 2 wine barrel staves (or if you use an indoor grill pan or decide not to grill see Cook's Note below). Grill each chicken breast about 4 to 6 minutes on each side (depends on how thick the breast is). The chicken should be solid white throughout. This step obviously involves John doing most of the work.
- Remove chicken from the grill. Top each breast with divided portions of the mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes and roasted bell peppers, and then basil.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on each portion.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!