I made this recipe a few Sundays ago when I saw this recipe on Paula Deen’s show and wanted to make it instantly. I had to obviously make a few tweeks to what I had in my fridge to reinvent the wheel a little bit but my version turned out great! Since Sundays are my testing day and I got a lot of responses here it is. This is one of those dishes you can make and snack on for breakfast throughout the week which is perfect for us at our house since we hurry out the door in the morning. Well, that is after I make my chai tea of course. Something I do not go a day without. So take a few minutes of your Saturday morning and try this easy recipe. You won’t regret it.
Bacon Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Crescent roll dough
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c. crumbled cooked bacon
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a clean, flat surface, unfold the crescent roll (pushing together the breaks)
- Spread the mustard lightly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the sides.
- Spread the cream cheese over the mustard.
- Sprinkle with the bacon.
- Roll up the pastry, jelly-roll style, and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the pinwheels on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each pinwheel with olive oil.
- Bake until they are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes or as directed according to package. Serve warm.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!