I made this recipe a few Sundays ago when I saw this recipe on Paula Deen’s show and wanted to make it instantly. I had to obviously make a few tweeks to what I had in my fridge to reinvent the wheel a little bit but my version turned out great! Since Sundays are my testing day and I got a lot of responses here it is. This is one of those dishes you can make and snack on for breakfast throughout the week which is perfect for us at our house since we hurry out the door in the morning. Well, that is after I make my chai tea of course. Something I do not go a day without. So take a few minutes of your Saturday morning and try this easy recipe. You won’t regret it.
Bacon Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment.
- On a clean, flat surface unroll the crescent dough (gently sealing the cracks) with the longest side closest to you.
- Spread the mustard lightly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the sides.
- In small mixing bowl, mix together the whipped cream cheese, shallot, and ½ cup of bacon. Spread over the dough. Sprinkle the remaining bacon over the cream cheese.
- With the longest side closest to you, roll up the pastry and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the pinwheels on the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small microwavable bowl, and add the garlic powder, and parsley. Mix well, and brush each pinwheel.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes or as directed according to package. Serve warm.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!