Do you have a go to menu? One that you have memorized and could do with your eyes closed? Well my two go to dishes are my country skillet corn and three cheese mashed potatoes. Every holiday, first time supper club, dinner party, I whip these up because they are stress free.
Country Skillet Corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 5 slices bacon
- ½ Vidalia or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ c. half and half
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and once it has cooled crumble into pieces.
- Save about 1 Tbsp. of bacon grease. Use this to sauté onion and garlic in the same pan you cooked the bacon in. If you don’t like a heavy bacon flavor you can just use olive oil in a clean skillet. Cook for about 5-7 min.
- Add corn to onion mixture, add half and half, cook for 5 min. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add bacon and cheese, mix together. Top with basil.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!