(Recipe first posted in 2012, updated in 2014).
Just like spinach and salmon, coleslaw was one food item that I used to strongly dislike. I still remember the first time I truly enjoyed it was on the dock of John’s family farm a few years ago. So for Supper Club a few months ago I sat down to find some inspiration on how to make it. I pulled together about 4 different coleslaw recipes, picked out all the ingredients I liked and thought about what went well together and went to work. After a few adjustments on measurements I came up with what now is my go to recipe.
So we served it up with some jalapeno lime wings, bourbon bacon wings, & hush puppies and had a feast!
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Shred cabbage and carrots in a food processor.
- Add cabbage and carrots to large bowl.
- Mix together sugar, mayonnaise, buttermilk, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over cabbage and carrots. Mix well to combine.
- Chill for 2 hours in fridge.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Want more Easy Recipes From Home?
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. And leave your questions and reviews below!