Whenever John and I need a quick dinner – If I don’t make a panini I make a pizza…Fact.
Now there will come a time when I have the time to make my own pizza dough, just like I want to make my own pasta from scratch. But last night was not one of those nights. Pizzas are one of those versatile dishes that you can make. Whether it’s a spicy one, Italian one, an all veggie, or one with crazy toppings like Brussels sprouts you will always have options.
So let’s get down to business have you ever had one with hummus on it? I didn’t think so. So I’d like to introduce to you this Mediterranean Hummus Pizza. Feel free to switch things around like adding olives (which I don’t like) or artichoke hearts – whatever suits your fancy!
- Pizza dough
- 3/4 cup hummus I suggest roasted red pepper
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat oven according to package directions if not using homemade pizza dough.
- Roll out dough over pizza stone.
- While oven is preheating, place tomatoes on a paper towel and cover with another paper towel to get excess moisture out so that your pizza is not soggy.
- Spread hummus on dough. Add all other toppings except oregano.
- Cook 12-15 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and garnish with oregano.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
What is your favorite pizza you make?