There is nothing like a French Dip Sandwich especially being able to dunk it into that Au Jus! Well ladies and gents for the playoff games a couple of weekends ago I decided to dabble in the kitchen and make a mini appetizer version of just that! And to say it was a hit is an understatement – someone stole my leftovers at work! Can you believe it? But that’s another story for another day.
But to continue on with preparation for the Super Bowl, I realized at parties I am the queen of dips – I am actually trying to perfect my roasted red pepper hummus in time for the Super Bowl. But beside my favorite cheese dip recipe these babies will definitely be making an appearance, maybe even at your party!
But how easy are these? Unwrap the crescent rolls layer them with a piece of roast beef, cube of Swiss cheese, a few caramelized onions, and a dollop of creamy horseradish sauce. Roll them up and bake! The au jus is even easier and worth every bite or dunk I should say.
French Dip Bites
- 1 can if crescent rolls
- 8 slices of roast beef 1/2 lb. from deli will be plenty
- 1 Swiss cheese cubes for each crescent roll
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons creamy horseradish sauce - 1 tsp. for each crescent roll
- 1 tablespoons sherry
- 2 cups beef broth
- Melt butter in a medium skillet, then add onions and sugar. Let cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Once they are lightly caramelized remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or as directed by package of crescent rolls.
- Unroll and separate each crescent roll.
- Place a slice of roast beef, then a cube of cheese, 1 Tbsp. of onions, then 1 tsp. of horseradish sauce on each crescent roll. Repeat with each roll.
- Roll them up and tuck the sides in (as much as possible) to prevent everything from spilling out.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour beef broth and sherry into skillet where the caramelized onions were cooking. Use spoon to scrape up bits from bottom. Let it simmer until rolls are ready.
- Keep rolls warm and serve with au jus.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!