These hot date crepes are packed with flavor from savory bacon, tangy goat cheese to sweet dates.
Remember when John and I were living in downtown Indianapolis and I could go to the City Farmer’s Market every Saturday? Well since it is a 30 minute drive it is a rare occasion that I go downtown any more other than my normal Monday-Friday commute to work. But when I do it isn’t just for the fresh produce, it is really to visit 3 Days in Paris – a savory & sweet crepe stand and get a Sweet Beet juice.
Some of my favorites crepes include their Red Eggs & Bacon Crepe – Eggs, Bacon, Havarti, Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, their Classic Sweet Crepe – Nutella, Banana, and Nuts but most of all their weekly special their Hot Date Crepe – Dates, Bacon, Red Onion, Havarti & Goat Cheese, and Walnuts.
I was a little skeptical about the ingredients at first but I cannot pass up crepes filled with goat cheese. So why not throw in some chopped up dates?!
After eating quite a few of these and instagramming about it way too many times I decided to recreate their special at home. There are three options for the crepes themselves: 1) make the batter from scratch, 2) use a premade batter mix or 3) find crepes already made. Luckily, Fresh Market had some crepes in a package ready to go.
So whether you enjoy these crepes for breakfast since or a light lunch you will be wanting to make them again and again! I promise!
Menu of the WeekChicken Cacciatore with Mushroom Ravioli Sweet Potato & Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
Hot Date Crepe
- 2 crepes*
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup havarti cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 dates pitted and then roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove from pan. Once cool, crumble into bite size pieces.
- Discard about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat. Use any remaining to fry the onions. Saute for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Lay each crepe flat and begin to build with all the ingredients divided. (ie 2 dates per crepe, etc.)
- Either roll the crepes like an enchilada or fold into quarters. Warm in microwave to melt cheese for about 15-20 seconds.
- Garnish with a little extra cheese.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
I am also sharing this at Delicious Dish Tuesday