I am back from vacation which means I need to change up my eating habits to help the ol’ waistline out.
I feel sometimes you can easily mess up a salad. Like if you dump too much cheese in it are you going to pick out each crumb? And then there’s the dressing. I know you have all had that time where you squeeze the dressing bottle a little too much and you end up with an overly damp salad. Not that I speak from experience or anything (wink wink).
You see most food bloggers have a food bucket list which are things we want to master – like fried chicken, biscuits from scratch, pimento cheese – you get the point. Well I also have a whole other notebook that is called my “To Cook” book. These include dishes I have had at restaurants, seen on TV, etc.
This Salmon Panzanella Salad has been in that notebook for some time – about 4 years to be exact. The first time I had it was at a restaurant up in Indy. And I couldn’t get it out of my mind FOREVER (said in my Sandlot voice).
Now I put this in the recipe notes but the original recipe came with a creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing. But a few months back when my mama and I were traveling home from Fairhope we stopped at a little farm. I picked up some Creamy Vidalia Onion Dressing and it hit me this would be even better with this salad. Now if I can just figure out the perfect way to make the dressing from scratch….I’ll keep you updated on the progress.
Salmon Panzanella Salad
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces mixed greens
- 5 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Creamy Vidalia Onion Dressing*
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon skin side down on baking sheet. Bake 13-16 minutes or until flaky and cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, toss the bread, olive oil and garlic powder in bowl. Then place on another baking sheet.
- Once salmon is done, put oven on broil. Broil bread cubes until golden brown. Let them cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, red onion, tomatoes, beans, and goat cheese. Add bread croutons and pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
- Remove skin from salmon and place on top of salad then serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
I am now dreaming about this salad and Creamy Vidalia Onion Dressing!!!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
This is my kind of meal!! I can’t wait to try it! I know my family would love it!!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
I’m glad you finally got to make your salmon panzanella salad and take it off your food bucket list. It looks yummy!
Nutmeg Nanny says
Hope you had a great vacation! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I know my husband will love it!
Erin @ The Speckled Palate says
Oh, this salad looks like a dream! Salmon with panzanella? YES!
This would be a great addition to my menu this week!