I love a good savory pie: Chicken Pot Pie, Mexican Pie, or recently I saw a post for a Guinness Shepherd’s Pie. My version sadly does not contain Guinness but I bet it would be delicious! I mean adding Guinness to my brownies turned me more into a sweet admirer (I wouldn’t say lover just yet). But try out this classic dish!
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 c. Beef broth
- 1 c. shredded Havarti cheese
- ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 ½ c. mix of frozen vegetables combination of fresh onion, carrots, green beans, peas, and/or corn are best- but had it on hand so chose to use it
- 2 lb. Potatoes/ or use package of store bought potatoes
- ½ c. cream if making your own potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. butter if making your own potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan
- Bring water to boil, cook potatoes until fork tender. Drain completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl add 4 Tbsp. butter and cream to potatoes. Mash until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Skip this if using store bought mashed potatoes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In pan cook beef, Worcestershire, and cayenne. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add tomato paste, cook for 1 min. Add beef stock, butter, and vegetables. Let simmer until the stock has reduced by ½ and vegetables are tender.
- Assemble a 8x8 dish or pie pan with cooking spray. Add meat and vegetables as bottom layer, then add both cheeses for the middle layer, then add the mashed potatoes for the top layer. Cook at 350 for 30 min. Then top with paprika and parmesan cheese and cook for 10 minutes. Top with chives and serve!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!