School is back in session.
Well technically it will be Monday – not that I am counting down the days or anything. Look I love my little ones more than life itself. But one thing has become evident – I am not meant to be a full time stay at home mom. And I praise the ones who are. But in my past three years with kids I have also learned I am not meant to sit at a desk from 9-5.
Thank goodness for my amazing job where I can work from home on my own schedule and go into the office when I need to. But I do like a schedule. Like Mondays are my office days, Wednesdays are my blog days, and Fridays are my house/errand days. And with the kids not having school the past few weeks…let’s just say I am just trying to stay above water with all the stuff I need to do.
But one thing for sure is that whether kids are home or not, this mama has been all about salads lately. Mainly I’ve been into this Stone Fruit and Radish Salad.
I love vibrant salads and that’s what this one is obviously. I actually stalked farmers markets and 4 different grocery stores just waiting for these watermelon radishes to arrive. Ps I also realized that I only had one other recipe with radishes on the blog – that needs to change now!
And these watermelon radishes were worth the wait . Every bite – a little peppery and a slight sweet note. Mix that with some your favorite stone fruit and you have one refreshing summer salad.
Stone Fruit and Radish Salad
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce leaves washed and torn
- 1 watermelon radish thinly sliced
- 1 Easter egg radish can substitute cherry belle -found in most stores, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherries pitted
- 1 apricot pit removed and cut into wedges
- 1 peach pit removed and cut into wedges
- 1 plum pit removed and cut into wedges
- 2 ounces dried fruit & nut cream cheese*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- In a large serving bowl combine the lettuce and all of the other vegetables and fruits. Toss in crumbles of cheese.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving and sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!