For Christmas last year John’s mom gave me the pasta attachments that go with my Kitchen Aid mixer. To say I was excited was an understatement. Let’s just say my first attempt at making pasta from scratch though was quite interesting. If any of you have these attachments, you know that if you don’t tighten them to the mixer they spin too fast. AKA pasta flying everywhere…AKA happy doggies, but not a happy cook! After a few tries I had some beautiful lasagna noodles and my homemade marinara sauce.
As fun as making noodles & sauce from scratch was I know most people do not have the time to do so. And trust me after I perfected this recipe it is hard to go back to making it from scratch. Lasagna is just one of those classic dishes that you can make so many different ways with white sauce and chicken or even vegetarian (John is not a fan of this kind obviously).
I chose to use Giada’s Creamy Tomato Sauce from Target and I think it was just what the dish needed. Let’s just say it was so good that everyone went back for seconds!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion diced
- 1 jar store bought pasta sauce
- 1 carton 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook onion and beef in frying pan until beef is browned.
- Boil water in large pot. Add box of lasagna noodles and cook as directed.
- Add jar of pasta sauce to beef mixture and let it simmer until ready to assemble lasagna.
- Combine egg, ricotta, parmesan, parsley, oregano and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Spread 1 c. of meat sauce in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles, then spread half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the meat mixture.
- Repeat (noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, then meat).
- Top with last layer of noodles and remaining sauce. Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add remaining 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, bake for 5 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes then serve with cheesy garlic bread.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Pictured with Green Bean Almondine & Herb Butter.
Or serve with Cheesy Garlic Bread and Red Wine Sangria
Want more Easy Recipes From Home?
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. And leave your questions and reviews below!