I feel like Deviled Eggs are the quintessential dish you have at the holidays.
Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas….And let’s not forget it’s perfect for those BBQ’s.
We can always count on celebrating John’s birthday around Memorial Day.
This past weekend we not only got to go home but go up to John’s family farm. John went fishing and I got a tan, played fetch with the dogs, and relaxed.
So whether it’s with friends or family fire up your grill or pack a bag for a picnic. Have some deviled eggs, coleslaw, pasta salad, and ribs!
- 9 eggs*
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish
- Place eggs in saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Add a tsp. of vinegar and pinch of salt. This helps contain egg whites from leaking out of any cracked shells.
- Reduce heat to low once it starts boiling. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and refill pot with cold water. Let them sit in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs while cooling by rolling each egg on a hard surface. Carefully peel of the shell.
- Slice eggs in half, lengthwise. Gently remove yolk halves and place in bowl.
- Mash with fork and add mayonnaise, mustard, and relish.
- Place egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Scoop spoonful on yolk mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with paprika.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Want more Easy Recipes From Home?
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. And leave your questions and reviews below!