We all know how much I mention my mama on my site. And Sadly I cannot be in Georgia or Alabama to celebrate Mother’s day with both of my mamas. This is another downside to living up in Indy. But since I can’t be there I thought I would share this Seven Layer Salad recipe one of my Mama’s that I make for most holidays which has turned into one of John’s favorites.
When we were up here for Easter, both John and Josh (our adopted family member while we all live up in Indy) asked if I was cooking. At first I said no because I cook a big meal for us every Wednesday night. But then I thought this was something I would like to start doing if we aren’t near family. After asking the boys what they wanted they replied either a ham or turkey, John wanted a Seven Layered Salad and Josh asked for Deviled Eggs. So then the cooking began!
First let’s look at this beautiful woman! She is my best friend, my role model, a confidant, a person who has a beautiful & strong spirit and best of all she is my Mama!
And this other beautiful woman is my sweet mother in law. I always hoped I would marry a man with a mother who I could call my own. That was very important to me. She has such a sweet spirit and I am blessed to be a part of her family!
Seven Layered Salad
Seven Layer Salad
- 2-3 heads of iceberg lettuce
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2/3 cups Parmesan cheese shredded (divide into 3 parts)
- Mayo I use Hellman's
- 1 pound bacon cooked & cooled (divide into 3 parts)
- 2 cups frozen green peas thawed
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- Take strips of bacon and crumble into small pieces.
- In large bowl, place layer of iceberg lettuce, spread a layer (use as little or much you want) of mayo, add a layer of all other ingredients.
- Add last layer of lettuce, spread with mayo, Parmesan cheese, and bacon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!