Winter is approaching Indy and on my First Friday during lunch we found Chuck Wagon Deli aka “covered wagon food truck”.
And on a day that is currently 18 degrees (worse when the wind is blowing), there is nothing better than a bowl of chili and a piece of cornbread to warm the whole body up! So this inspired me last weekend to reinvent my go to chili!
I promise there is nothing better than coming home to your crockpot simmering away!
Recipe Card love it? rate it!
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes with jucies
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilies
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 chicken breasts
- Tortilla chips for garnish
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Put all ingredients into the crockpot and place cream cheese on top.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours (until chicken is done). Stir every 2 hours if you can (if not don't worry about it).
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks. Place shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Stir together and serve. Add toppings (cheese and cornbread) if you have them on hand!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
The BEST chili I’ve ever had! I made it on Saturday thinking my husband and I could eat it all weekend, but nope! It was gone by Saturday afternoon! Plus it was super easy to put throw together! Will definitely be making this VERY often.