For a quick and easy meal, these tangy honey mustard chicken tenders breaded in pretzels need to make it onto your dinner table this week.
Now I don’t know about you but I love a good sauce with chicken tenders whether it’s Zaxby’s dipping sauce, Chick Fil A sauce or ranch dressing. But this is one of those recipes where no sauce is needed. Trust me these chicken tenders are packed with so much flavor you’ll be licking your fingers and might even lick your plate.
A few of you have been asking for an easy chicken recipe, so I looked at what are some common things you can find in your kitchen. Most people have mustard and honey, and in our house we always have pretzels. You can always switch out the chicken tenders for breasts or cutlets and just adjust the baking time.
All it needs is a veggie to make the meal complete like some roasted broccoli (pictured above). Or another bonus about this recipe is if you have leftovers, toss it with some spinach leaves, smoked cheddar cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette and you have an amazing chicken tender salad!
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders*
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cups pretzels You can use plain but I prefer Snyder's Honey Mustard & Onion for double the flavor
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs**
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse together the pretzels and panko. If you don't have a food processor place pretzels and panko into a sealed ziploc bag and crush with rolling pin until you get a coarse consistency.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in one shallow dish. In another shallow dish whisk together the mustard, honey, olive oil, and white wine vinegar. In a final shallow dish place pretzel mixture.
- Coat each chicken tender in flour first, then mustard mixture, then in pretzel mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes until cooked through.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Menu for the WeekFettuccine Bolognese with Roasted Broccoli Quail with Sweet Peas and Pretzel Rolls Pheasant Pie with White Beans and Herbs