My Mexican Pie recipe is not only a simple recipe to make but holds a dear place in my heart. This is the first dish I ever cooked for John when we started dating. So pair with some white queso dip and tortilla chips and enjoy!!
- Store bought pie crust
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 jar black bean/corn salsa can substitute regular salsa
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dice onion. Take out seeds and ribs of jalapenos, dice.
- Put a little oil in a skillet and add ground beef, onion, and jalapenos. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Roll out one of the pie crust and place in a greased pie dish. Take a fork and prick into pie crust a few times. Put in oven for 5 minutes, then take out.
- Add salsa and cheese and ground beef mixture in bowl. If using regular salsa you might want to put the mixture in colander to drain a little of the liquid.
- Place mixture in pie dish, top with remaining pie crust. Crimp edges of pie crust to seal. Make a few slits in top of pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Can eat with a dollop of sour cream.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!