The best way to describe these amazing treats are to compare the flavors to a Twix candy bar. If you like those you’ll love these!
I kept seeing everyone’s break end yesterday but mine ended a week ago, so I got to reminisce about mine yesterday when I got to tell yall about our trip to Chicago. Since we were down south for almost two weeks we didn’t have any Wednesday night dinners but it now has become a regular thing for me to bake something. So this is what I baked for the guys recently and they loved it!
Millionaire Shortbread aka Twix Bars
- 1 stick butter cut into small pieces, a little extra for the pan
- 1 cup flour plus a little extra for the pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place aluminum foil in one 8x8 inch square nonstick pan. Allow it to fold over sides - this will help you get the bars out easily.
- Butter the foil and then sprinkle with flour to coat it. Tap off excess.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse once. Add butter and pulse until mixture is coarse and looks like peas.
- Press the shortbread mixture into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan combine the condensed milk and 1 Tbsp. of butter over medium low heat. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously. Stir until mixture becomes thick and amber in color, about 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- While caramel is cooking, in a glass bowl add the chocolate chips and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Add butter and allow to all melt completely.
- When caramel is done pour over the cooled shortbread and spread evenly using spatula. Cool to room temperature.*
- When the chocolate is fully melted, pour over the cooled caramel layer. If it is uneven use a spatula to spread the chocolate layer.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes then place in the refrigerator to cool completely. Then cut into pieces and enjoy!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Debra @ Bowl Me Over says
Oooh what a delicious treat! My hubby would love this, just printed off the recipe to give it a try!
Lauren Hall says
I hope you enjoy it Debra!
peter @Feed Your Soul Too says
This is a copycat recipe that I can sink my teeth into!
Lauren Hall says
Thank you Peter! We sink our teeth into the whole batch!
Oh man, it’s so early in the morning and now I’m craving these! So delish. My husband would probably try to eat the entire pan at once lol!
Michaela Kenkel says