First I know that the Super Bowl is not until Sunday but I thought I’d have a whole week leading up to it (except Friday which is the Chinese New Year and I have a special post just for that). So T minus 4 months until our three musketeers take a backseat to the baby so why not start off Super Bowl Sunday week with a special treat for the three loves of my life!
Meet Nova – the baby (3 years old)
Then Hosea (the lab & my best buddy – 6 years old) & Then Millie (the other Boykin Spaniel, Nova’s mama, and Hall family favorite – 7 years old) And if you didn’t know we had 3 dogs and a baby on the way, yes we know we’ll have our hands full!
Around Christmas time I was approached by DogVacay Blog to cook up some of their tasty meals for the holidays but time got the best of me because of the gender reveal and all… But with the Super Bowl right around the corner we thought serving up some treats for our four legged friends would be perfect to try some of the dog treats they recommended. So it inspired me to make some of my own. And even better who doesn’t love the football shape and dog friendly icing?
Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree do not use pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin puree, flour, eggs and 3 Tbsp. peanut butter together. Roll out dough to 1/2" thick. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour.
- Cut into whatever shape dog treats you would like.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While treats are baking, mix together icing ingredients in an icing bag or Ziploc bag. The cut small triangle out of the corner.
- Remove treats from baking pan and allow to cool completely before icing the treats.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated by DogVacay Blog to share their recipes and all opinions are my own.
Menu for the WeekMongolian Beef and Sesame Soba Noodles Cowboy Pizza Pheasant with Beet, Carrot, and Pomegranate Salad
Comments & Reviews
Sophia @ NY Foodgasm says
Yummmmmm goes your doggies! These are really cute too!
Thank you! I have to spoil the puppies as much as I can before the baby gets here
Christine @ Cooking with Cakes says
omg your puppies are divine!! and is it wrong I think these treats look good? lol can’t help it it’s true!
Haha well they are safe to eat – I have not tried them though lol
Minerva Thai says
Love it! They’re so patient too, haha. Thanks =]