These fresh figs paired with a tart goat cheese and salty prosciutto make this the perfect sweet and savory appetizer for any occasion.
Can you please tell me how summer is almost over? Even though that does mean college football starts in a month (30 days to be exact not that I’m counting) and even more exciting Amelia should be here in 50 days!
Figs have been popping up all over our grocery stores and farmers markets lately which makes me giddy. Especially since it was just a couple of years ago that I had my first fig in Indy.
And recently I found out that my great grandmother had a fig tree and even my friend’s mom has one. After having a lemon tree in Indy I think it’s time for a new fruit tree. That way I could make all things figs – fig jam, fig & proscuitto & arugula pizza, fig galettes, fig and cheese paninis….okay you get the point!
To build this dish you start with some fresh greens – I chose a spring mix but a peppery arugula would be nice as well. Then it’s followed by a few thin slices of prosciutto, the stars of the show (figs & goat cheese), and then the nutty pistachios and sweet honey.
Figs with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
- 3/4 cup mixed greens
- 5 figs halved and stems removed
- 2 slices of prosciutto I tore each slice into about 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 cup chopped pistachios
- Garnish with crushed mixed peppercorn
- Scatter the greens on a long platter.
- Place the figs cut size up over the top of the greens.
- Put thin slices of prosciutto near the figs. Scatter chunks of goat cheese around the platter.
- Drizzle the honey all over top.
- Sprinkle the chopped pistachios around the platter. And finish with some ground mixed peppercorns.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!