It’s chili season!!!!
I know I keep talking about how excited I am that fall is here but I really am. John Grayson, Amelia and I have been taking daily strolls around the neighborhood and watching the leaves change color.
A couple of weeks ago I asked what recipes yall wanted to see. The main responses were Beef Stew, Winter Squash Soup and in a landslide – Chili. Little did you know I had one in the works already. I feel like you should have a go to chili recipe! But the problem is I have a few – a beef one, a chicken one, and now a turkey one.
After I had just given birth to JG, people took me meals and one them was a turkey mango chili. So when I decided to recreate it all I could remember about it was it had turkey, mangoes, and a bell pepper. Not a lot to go on but it definitely left me with a lot of room to get creative. What’s in your favorite chili?
Turkey Mango Chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 large onion diced about 1 cup
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 16 oz. jar of mango salsa
- 1/2 mango peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a stockpot. Add onion and red bell pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until cooked through (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Cover stockpot and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!