Time to ring in the new year!
Are you ready? I sure am. I had a lot of things that were great in 2017 – my blog took off, my part time job keeps getting better & better, my best friend got married, and the kids started a new school. But we also had to deal with the loss of too many family members and friends. So I am looking forward to the new year.
I like to have a word, quote, and/or verse to put with each new year. For 2018 I decided it will be refresh – to give new strength or energy to; reinvigorate. So that is how I plan to look at this new year to come.
Do you have any NYE plans or New Years Day traditions?
Back before kids we would have an annual NYE party at our house but let’s be honest these days we barely make it to 9 o’clock. Now New Years Day will be a little different this year since all the playoff games are on TV. War Eagle!
Last year we ate this. And this year we plan to drink this Winter Cosmopolitan. You know how much John likes to make his own simple syrups. And this time I took the reins (kinda like I did with frying) by making my very own rosemary simple syrup. I think I may have to make more seasonal syrups for cocktails. Maybe a thyme and gin cocktail next – what do you think?
Happy New Year yall can’t wait to bring you some new dishes and drinks in 2018!
- 3 oz Vodka
- 2 oz. Cranberry Apple Juice
- Splash Fresh lime juice
Rosemary simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Stir together sugar, water and rosemary in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour.
- Pour liquid through a wire-mesh strainer into a jar or airtight container, discarding rosemary sprigs. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Once syrup has chilled, add 1 oz of rosemary simple syrup and the other ingredients
- to a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Amy @ Little Dairy on the Prairie says
This is a great New Years Drink!
I love the sound of that rosemary simple syrup!
This seems to be my favorite drink!
I love this! It looks so good and is so pretty!
carrie @ frugal foodie mama says
What a beautiful cocktail! 🙂