Think mini cherry pies without the fuss of the little ramekins – I mean who wants to wash more dishes anyways?
Remember me? It’s been a while. I promise I’ve been here and haven’t left.
I think I counted that we have been busy the last 12 of 14 weekends. Ya I know eww! Most of them were so worth it – John’s little sister got married, I helped with 3 showers, and went to a few birthday parties (including throwing John Grayson’s 2nd).
With only 3 weekends planned out for the rest of the summer I can finally breathe again. And maybe even take the time to share some of the recipes I’ve had for a while now.
I’ve had ones for Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts, Tomato Onion Bacon Pie and Broccoli Salad. But recently I got this itch to finally make a sweet pie because the only one I have in my arsenal is an Apple Pie. I thought about waiting to share these cute little treats for 4th of July because nothing is more classic than a Cherry Pie but I just couldn’t.
I don’t know what’s better the fact that there are only 5 ingredients (water doesn’t count obviously) or that they are just so darn petite which means you can have like 3 right?! Now all you need is a scoop of ice cream!
Cherry Hand Pies
- 2 prepared pie crusts
Cherry Pie Filling
- 3 cups pitted and halved sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mix with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let dough sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften.
- Combine cherries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture; bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3 1/2" biscuit cutter cut 9 rounds from each pie dough (total 18).
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place half of the rounds on it.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the cherry pie filling onto half of the pie rounds. Top with remaining rounds. Using a fork press the edges of each pie together to seal.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!