Finally! A salad the husband enjoys!
Pictures updated September 2015
Ever since I started drinking more juices for either a breakfast or a lunch or a post-workout drink my body has been craving healthy foods. So I went home and changed my menu plan of Cuban Quail the other week to a simple and easy salad. It actually has been on our rotation quite frequently lately.
Reason being is once I find a salad John and I both love we sometimes want it a couple times a week – kind of like my like this one. I love how you can substitute the feta for goat cheese if you want a little more tang or walnuts for the pecans.
This just might become one of your favorite salads!
Spinach Salad with Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups loose spinach leaves
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons juice from an orange
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup pecans I have also used walnuts
- 1/3 cup feta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and the salt.
- Place sweet potatoes on rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender, 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 3-4 minutes before adding to salad.
- Over medium high heat, add pecans to a small skillet and toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently so they won't burn. Remove to a plate and let them cool, then roughly chop.
- In large bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, orange juice, and white wine vinegar. Whisk until it thickens about 20 seconds.
- Add sweet potatoes, spinach leaves, toasted nuts, and feta cheese to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Menu for the Week
Steak with Madiera Mushroom Cream Sauce and Glazed Carrots
Crab Cakes and Fried Green Tomatoes
Dessert: Apple Pie
Want more Easy Recipes From Home?
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. And leave your questions and reviews below!